Rental car from Canada to USA (or US to Canada)
Numerous travelers plan trips from Canada to US (or USA to Canada) every year in a rental car and enjoy the spectacles, that the drive offers, to the fullest, in the comfort of a hired car. Whether going from Seattle to Vancouver, New York to Toronto or Calgary to LAX, at USA Cars Rental, you can book your cross border trip between the two countries with absolute ease. Our booking platform provides a big variety of rental car deals from the top suppliers, making it really easy for customers to compare deals and rent cars between Canada to USA.
Why rent with us?
- Big fleet of vehicle-types – Luxury, van/minivan, convertible and economy cars
- Dense network of locations – Our suppliers cover all major city and airport locations in Canada as well as USA – you can request any of the locations listed on our search form as your pickup/drop-off point.
- Variety of extras that you can add to your rental car, like GPS
Car rental companies that allow cross border travel from Canada to US
These are some of our most popular partners that allow the renters to take their hired cars across the border from Canada to USA & vice versa. You can book international one-way rentals online, or by contacting us via phone or email. We will help you find your preferred car rental, with confirmed one-way option, at a price that suits you.
What do I need to book a one-way car rental from Canada to USA?
One way rental cars are usually available to drivers aged 25 or above, still we insist that you read the terms and conditions to make sure that you qualify the supplier’s age eligibility condition Some suppliers even allow under-25 drivers to rent cars, but in that case, they might charge a small underage fee. Bring the following documents with you for a successful pickup:
- A valid and full driver’s license irrespective of the nationality
- International Driver’s permit if listed on the rental voucher
- Credit card, debit card or any other form of payment that is listed on the rental voucher.
- An ID proof, preferably your passport
Kindly bring the original documents; the suppliers usually don’t accept the digital or Xerox copies.
How to rent a cheap one-way car rental from Canada to USA?
- Rent the car in low season:Try to book your rental car in advance, if possible in the months of fall season – September & October, or July & August. In these months the rental prices are really cheap and you will be able to save a considerable amount of your vacation money.
- Cross-border & one-way fee:Prices of one way deals vary from supplier to supplier. Go for the rental which comes with unlimited mileage, standard insurance & a low basic rental price.
- Book in advance:For cross country rentals, the suppliers may not provide a comprehensive fleet for last minute rentals. We advise you book way in advance to get hold of a greater
variety and cheaper rates.
What to expect when you cross the US-Canada border
- If you are a Canadian resident taking your rental car into the USA, or the other way around, the border officer will ask for your passport and identification. If you are an international traveler travelling between the two countries, you will need a visa to do so.
- Keep all the car rental documents handy from car’s registration to insurance documents plus your identity proof.
- Plan your crossing time as per the Border crossing rush hours & save time
|Weekend rush hours||6 pm and 10 pm|
|Weekday rush hours||7am to 9am and 4pm to 7pm|
Car hire advice
- Fines:Keep a track of the speed limit and make sure that you don’t get a ticket while you are driving in the US (Or Canada). Fines and legal fees are not the responsibility of the rental company.
- Call to confirm the one-way:Before renting the car deal online, call the supplier and let them know that you are intending to take the vehicle to the USA. They take the bookings and confirm it on the basis of rules prevailing at the time of booking.
Popular road trips from Canada to US
Car rental Vancouver to Los Angeles
|Best Route:||I-5 S|
The trip from Vancouver to Los Angeles is a long drive and you need at least two weeks to cover it comfortably. There are a lot of places where you can stop on the way and explore, like Seattle, Portland, Redding, Monterey, Carmel and Santa Barbara.
Car rental Vancouver to Seattle
|Best Route:||I-5 S|
This cross border trip is more popular as a weekend or day trip. Bellingham, Sedro Woolley, and Woodinville are some of the locations you can visit on the way.
Car rental Vancouver to Anchorage
|Best Route:||Yukon 1 W|
The drive from Vancouver to Anchorage is also a long trip for which you need at least two-three weeks. Prince George, Terrace, Porter Landing, Whitehorse, and Alcan Border are some of the places you can visit on the way.
Car rental Toronto to Chicago
|Best Route:||I-69 W and I-94 W|
The drive from Toronto to Chicago can be finished in 3-5 days or even a week depending on the number of stops you have planned on the way. London (Canada), Port Huron, Flint, Marshall (Michigan) and Indiana Dunes State Park (Dunes Nature Preserve) are the stops people visit as they drive from Toronto to Chicago.
Car rental Toronto to Florida
|Best Route:||I-95 S|
Some of the noteworthy cities and places that fall on the way from Toronto to Florida are: Pittsburgh, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charlotte, Savannah, and Orlando.
Car rental Toronto to Niagara Falls
|Best Route:||Queen Elizabeth Way/QEW|
Trip to Niagara Falls is the most popular drive in both the US and Canada. Etobicoke, Oakville, Grimsby, Jordan (Canada) and St Catharines are some of the places you can visit on your way from Toronto.
Car rental Toronto to New York
|Best Route:||I-90 E and I-81 S|
You can complete this trip in 4 or 5 days while stopping for a good number of places on the way. Places to visit on the way: Hamilton Harbour, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Syracuse, Binghamton, Wilkes Barre, and Delaware Water Gap.
Steps to book one way car rental from Canada to USA Online
- Fill in the search form with your pickup location in Canada
- Use ‘Different drop-off location?’ section to choose the return location in the USA since we are taking about one way rental from Canada to USA
- Put in your age, pick up & drop off dates and times
- Compare the deals & select the car which matches your travel needs
Or, give us the pickup and drop off locations & the car-type you need over the phone and we will present you with the available options. In case you have a problem, you can always reach us through phone, live chat & WhatsApp.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there an option to avail insurance with the deals?Yes, we give you the option to add a rental cover to your one-way cross border deal at the time of the booking.
- Which is the best car class for the cross border trip from Canada to the USA?Though all categories are suitable for the cross border trip from Canada to the US, convertibles, and vans are the most frequently rented vehicles.
- Can I rent a car for a month for the trip from the USA to Canada?Yes, in fact, you can rent a car for a one-way trip from Canada to the USA for any duration of your choice.